Quantcast

Judith Babirye – Wanjagala

I get tons of “music related” emails everyday whether from artists or producers sending me music or djs requesting music. Most people are region biased when it comes to what they listen to or groove to which means they miss out on the great music coming from African continent.

One of the emails I got this week was from one of the djs aksing me what was hot in Uganda right now in terms of Gospel music, since he was going to dj at a wedding and he needed some Gospel dance floor packers. I sent him a couple of songs and on that note decided to showcase Judith Babirye. If you’ve never heard of Judith before, then its about time you start venturing out of you music comfort zone to listen to that great music out there.

Judith Babirye is a power house in Uganda gospel circles and her past hits include Nzijukira, Newaayo and Yesu Mulamu. She’s a big figure in Ugandan Gospel music just like Esther Wahome and Ruth Wamuyu are in the Kenyan Gospel scene. Here is one of her quotes when asked about her music. “I thank God who makes me sing music that touches people. Many of my fans shed tears of joy in churches after listening to my music. I feel blessed.”

” Wanjagala” is a great record that is a hit all across Uganda. ‘Lwaki Mukama Wanjagala…bino ebyensi abanji byebawanawana sibirirna…Sirina kalungi kona…naye Mukama Wanjagala’

Enjoy!!!!
Listen to the track below:

Click HERE to Download the track (RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE AS)

Watch the Video below:

11 Responses to “Judith Babirye – Wanjagala”

1. DJ Piddipat says:

yeah! get your praise and your groove on at the same time. :)

2. Hi Babirye ? I like your gospel and may GOD bless you.MERRY CRISMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011

3. Mugerwa Tonny says:

Judith, may God bless you all the days of your life and may He continue giving you more heavenly lyrics and tunes!!!

Tonny Mugerwa

Pader District – Nothern Uganda.

4. Milton says:

This is a great soul reaching song. Be blessed to bless more souls! Amen

5. Mutete-(Nairobi, Ke) says:

May God never forget you for this powerful ministration, indeed this blesses my soul and keeps me on track always to serve God. Be blessed richly…Amen.

6. josephine says:

JUDITH ,
    May God bless u abandantly this song particulary touches me.
    and may the almighty use you to change many souls
    Regards
    Phinah

7. judith says:

To you all my fans, friends and supporters, may the good Lord bless you in Jesus’ name.

judith

8. Mugulusi Ronald says:

I do not only feel but the reality is that God has called, positioned you in this generation for the revival of his love, and his glory. God bless your ministry

9. MOREEN says:

Judith may the LORD GOD of Israel, who created heaven and earth,God of Meshach,Shedrack,Abenego,Daniel,Sarah,Hannah bless u, the works of your hands ,child and may He give you long life to see your grand children and see your gray hair.I Pray the way you’ve preached the gospel of Jesus Christ may he remember u in the Paradise of heaven.

10. oruma Juvenile says:

hi, judith, you a wonderful Gospel singer. May almighty God bless you. Go ahead.